Saturday, February 11, 2006

I Hate the Word PROJ

Every so often a writer messes with you. Take William Gibson. One of my current favorite writers. I like the way he writes. Kinda like a cross between Faulkner and Hemingway. Not an easy thing to do by the way.
Well, in my latest READ of his Virtual Light, I come across the word : proj, and I don't have a clue about what it means. I know it's street slang for something, but that's it. Even Google couldn't help me, damn. I hate it.

That, by the way is the reason behind the Yahoo Answer button to the right there >--->. I posted my question to the "Group Mind". Good idea. Real people. Real answers. Still waiting for a reasonable answer....

Maybe I should write Mr. Gibson, but I'd hate interfering work on a new novel. I really like the guy, even if some of his words tick me off sometimes.

Okay. I'm stepping off my soapbox for a while.

Two steps.

No comments: