Thursday, February 09, 2006

First On the Block Syndrome

I recall reading an old Byte magazine article (yeah, I've been at this that long) maybe Chaos Manor, and Jerry (or whoever) got the first modem on the block and couldn't call anyone.

I've done that over the years, it is kinda fun to be the first at trying out new technology.

I got the first SuSE 9.1 because it came with 5 + 2 CD-Roms. The +2 CD's were the 64 bit version of the Linux OS. I didn't have a 64 bit machine at the time, and still don't. But I Was First with OS that supported it.

I mention this because today February 9, 2006 I did the same thing. I signed up for a free VOIP account. VOIP stands for Voice Over IP, or Web based telephone access. I don't know anyone who uses VOIP.

That's okay.

I'll be here waiting for them when they do.

No comments: